Popular Posts

Monday, May 8, 2017

Pre-Departure Post

Hi everyone, my name is Emma Hingtgen. I am a chemistry major with a minor in psychology. I am planning on going to medical school after I graduate my undergrad here at Drake. I cannot believe how fast the trip is approaching but I am so excited! I am most excited to be completely immersed in a culture half-way around the world, meet the MUBS students, become closer with fellow students from Drake, go on Safari, and have the opportunity to talk to doctors and other medical staff about what their health care system is like. I am a little nervous but as I continue to shop and prepare for the trip, my excitement also grows. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to travel to Africa and experience and learn a new culture. As for the plane ride, hopefully we will all be able to get some sleep after a sleep-deprived finals week. Watching movies and reading a book is how I've passed time on the plane during previous trips. See you all soon, good luck on finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment