Popular Posts

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pre-departure Post

Hello, my name is Krista and I am a senior (wow that sounds crazy!) Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology major with a minor in English and a concentration in Global and Comparative Public Health. My goal is to go to medical school after completing my undergrad and I am extremely excited to travel to Uganda and gain a greater awareness of how their health system operates. I hope to learn about maternal and fetal medicine, specifically why some women choose to give birth in clinics and others do not. With the research I will be completing, I am looking forward to getting to know both the Drake students and the students we will be meeting in Uganda as well as making lots of wonderful memories with them. I can't wait to immerse myself in another culture and have experiences that will hopefully impact the type of doctor I would like to be in the future. Thankfully, I have spent a lot of time on long flights so books, movies, and sleep will be my go-to. Can't believe we leave in 2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment