Popular Posts

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pre-Departure Post

My name is Carolyn Rossetti and I'm a junior in college from the suburbs of Chicago. I'm a secondary education major with a concentration of all Social Studies. My dream is to be a high school history teacher!

I'm so excited to be in the country and experience what we have talked about for months now. I have decided to compare the education systems between Uganda and the U.S. looking more specifically at the planning styles and unit structures. After listening to the presentation on education in Uganda, I am so excited to interview the teachers about what inspired them to choose this career and what their hopes are for the field of education.

This is the first time that I am leaving the country, so that's adding to my nerves a lot but I am more so just ready to start this next journey! I have heard nothing but good things about this trip from people who have gone in the past. They have all said that it is a life changing and eye opening experience that I will never forget. One thing that makes me the most nervous is how similar the words are and that I'm going to ask for the wrong thing, that would be awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment