Popular Posts

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Pre-Trip

Hello!

My name is Natalie Chin and I'm from Chicago, IL. I'm on the pre-med track at Drake and would like to become an OBGYN in the future; one of the reasons I wanted to go on this trip was for the opportunity to distribute reusable pads to girls with few resources. Kelanie and I will be doing that together and I am so excited to work with her on that project, as well as getting to know the MUBS students! I have never traveled outside of the U.S. before (unless you count Canada, which you probably shouldn't) so this will be a completely new experience for me!

In American schools, African literature, culture, and geography go relatively untaught, so I'm really looking forward to getting a better understanding from the MUBS students. I can't wait to form friendships with everyone! I'm also excited to work on our Days for Girls project and get feedback from Ugandan students on what to say when we're presenting. That partnership I'm particularly looking forward to! Can't believe we'll be there in less than a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment