Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SAD TO SAY GOODBYE & ENHANCING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT

Dear Friends, it's been a long 3 weeks together of sharing, laughing,frusstration, tiring journeys, those dreaded but interesting lectures, funny but amazing african Culture..oohhh slow pace of things but you and i have survived all that. I have had ling thougts about this day as you are about to leave my beloved countries but i assure you each one of you leaves fresh memories am trying to go recollect. Thank for visting Uganda.
I was touched to see tears in some people's eyes...i really looked hard and saw some of you who weren't eager to get to the airport...there is this saying" all good things come to an end"...to me " this good end means a better return". I hope you all come back to Uganda at some future point.

Am curious Guys...what would you recomend that the US government and People do for People in Uganda?Let's take for instance the Rural folks you visited...how would you help them to be self sustaining? I would like us to suggest the way forward but also be of practical help to these people.
I believe the problems in Africa are not as a result of Colonialism, Capitalism or Money!!!!. The Problem in Africa is about Systems of Political Governance, Corruption & Greed,Underutilisation of resources,equitable distribution of resources,erosion of African Culture and failure of International Community to fight for human rights.
I will really love to read from you regarding above.

Safe Flight Back Home/Bon Voyage

1 comment:

  1. I never thought that I would leave this trip with so many new friends; both from MUBS and Drake. It has been a really good experience and I am glad that I had the opportunity to go on this trip. Now, my goal is to stay in touch with my new MUBS and Drake friends.

    Fred, you posed a tough question which asked, "What needs to be done now?" I am not sure if I can answer that question over a blog because it is a very broad question and requires alot of discussion to get to the root and understanding of the problem. My "answer" to the question is below, but it is far from an answer.

    Uganda needs accountability and needs to start at the top, with the government. Government officials need to realize that they are serving the people of Uganda and should not be serving themselves. If they could stop focusing on themselves and start focusing on the problems plaguing the country, progress will have the ability to be made. Accountability then needs to stem down to businesses as well, both large and small, and need to do their job of keeping accurate books and reporting taxes. Finally, individual citizens need to be accountable for their actions, with regards to the time committment issue and how they treat the resources around them.

    Again, I realize this is a simple answer, but yet complex, but it is something that I have noticed while I was in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete